Monday 24 May 2010

Swedish Iskra and the first Acta release

I've had this record for years, but only now realized that there really is no CD-issue of this. Insane, as this happens to be one of the very few really good free folk improv records ever. Without any more unnecessary hype, here we go:


ISKRA - JAZZ I SVERIGE '75 (Caprice CAP 2006, 1975 / 2LP)



get it here.

--------------------------------

Second record is a trio by John Butcher, Phil Durrant and John Russell. Their first actually, on Butchers Acta label. A good bit of British improv.

This really ought to be re-released on Emanem, kinda weird it hasn't been.


John Russell, Phil Durrant, John Butcher - Conceits (Acta 1, 1987)





get it here.

enjoy these treats and please do comment.

10 comments:

  1. I looked for Conceits when it was first released. I should have tried harder, I didn't realise how good it is.
    Like a set of pen drawings - deceptively simple with lots of detail (but no clutter) and lots of 'space'. Quite refreshing.
    'A good bit of British Improv?' - I would say 'A very good bit . . .'
    Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've got the record, but no means to play it anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting these. Good to see a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot ... always surprising posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for The Acta release!!!
    I have an bootleg of this trio. Tell me if you are interested I will then upload it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou these acta lps are very hard to find

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is great! Can't believe it took me so long to find this place. That Butcher/Durrant/Russell is incredibly welcome; they were a tremendous group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iskra is fantastic...more Caprice stuff if you have it please

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iskra is great. Merci beaucoup, Gut !
    Superb blog.

    ReplyDelete